Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Important Farm Bill Town Hall Meeting

As you know, Congress has begun to craft the 2007 Farm Bill. I would like for Congress to get as much input as possible from farmers in Arkansas before the bill is drafted. On January 25th, my colleague Mike Ross (AR-04) and I are co-hosting a Town Hall with the Chairman of the House Agriculture Committee. This event is the perfect opportunity for Arkansas farmers to share their needs and concerns.

Farm Bill Meeting

Hosts: Rep. Marion Berry & Rep. Mike Ross
Special Guest: Rep. Collin Peterson, Chairman, House Agriculture Committee

Pine Bluff Convention Center, Banquet Hall 1
500 E. 8th Avenue
Pine Bluff, Arkansas

Thursday, January 25, 2007
2:30pm

I encourage Arkansas farmers to join me at this event. The best way to get a successful Farm Bill is to start working from the ground-up rather than waiting for others to tell us what is best for our community.

I hope to see a lot of familiar faces at the Farm Bill Meeting on Thursday, January 25th! Bring your friends!