Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Berry Appointed to Vice-Chair of Democratic Steering and Policy Committee

Today Speaker-elect Nancy Pelosi appointed me to serve as Vice-Chairman of the Democratic Steering and Policy Committee. As a Vice-Chair of the committee, I will help the Leadership and full Democratic Caucus establish a policy agenda and guide legislative priorities through Congress.

I am honored the Democratic Leadership selected me for this important position. This is a great opportunity to shape a positive agenda and make sure Congress listens to the priorities of working families. I welcome the challenges that lie ahead, and look forward to all we will accomplish when the Democrats assume the majority in the 110th Congress.

I intend to use this position to become even more involved in health care and agriculture policy as well as promoting greater fiscal accountability in Congress.