Friday, June 16, 2006

Berry to Speak at the Arkansas Pharmacists Association Annual Conference

I will travel to Little Rock tomorrow to speak at the Arkansas Pharmacists Association Annual Conference. I am hoping to see many familiar faces from the 1st Congressional District and learn more about the challenges facing our neighborhood pharmacies since the enactment of the Bush Administration's Prescription Drug Benefit.

As the only licensed pharmacist in Congress, I am doing everything I can to reform the benefit and ensure that our pharmacists are being reimbursed in a timely manner. I am especially trying to enact my bill, H.R. 5182, the Fair and Speedy Treatment (FAST) of Claims Act of 2006 which would require insurance companies to reimburse pharmacists within 15 days for an electronic payment and 30 days for any other payment.

Click here to read the press release on my bill.