Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Berry Introduces Resolution to Honor Fallen Heroes

Several months ago, one of my constituents in Searcy County contacted me with a great idea on how America can pay tribute to our military heroes. He encouraged me to introduce legislation requiring every government building to display the American flag at half-mast when a member of the U.S. Armed Forces is killed in the line of duty. This idea is the perfect way to pay our respect to America's military and ensure that we never forget the loss that comes with freedom.

I am grateful to my friend in Searcy County for passing on this wonderful idea, and am proud to have introduced a resolution in Congress today. The measure encourages the President to issue an executive order requiring all government buildings to display the American flag at half-mast for any fallen member of our Armed Services. By enacting this legislation, we can ensure that America has a visual reminder of our men and women in uniform who are serving their country thousands of miles from home. I hope my colleagues will join me in this effort so that every time we see the American flag flying at half-mast over a federal office building, a post office, or even a national park, we never forget the tremendous sacrifice that makes this country great.

Click Here to Read the Full Press Release.